The ENCORE Digital Weekly Magazine is a
CELEBRITYACCESS publication
October 5, 2017 


ADVERTISEMENT
MAIN PAGE
Feature News
Touring News
Festival News
Business News
Venue News
Label & Publishing News
Legal News
Technology News
Artist News
Industry Profile
Lefsetz Letter
Artist Snapshot
Vital Signs
International News
Net News


ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

VENUE NEWS


Las Vegas Properties Cancel Shows Following Deadly Festival Shooting
Posted: October 3, 2017
LAS VEGAS (CelebrityAccess) -- MGM Resorts International, which owns several properties on the Las Vegas Strip, including Mandalay Bay, has canceled its scheduled shows for the second night in a row following the horrific mass shooting incident at a music festival on Sunday.

Affected shows at MGM Resorts properties include several Cirque du Soliel shows, including "O" at Bellagio, "The Beatles Love" at Mirage and "Michael Jackson One" at Mandalay Bay.

MGM spokeswoman Yvette Monet said the shows were canceled on Monday and Tuesday out of respect for the victims of the attack.

MGM's competitors also announced that shows had been canceled or postponed in the wake of the attack.

Jennifer Lopez, who is in the middle of a residency at Caesars Palace, announced that her shows on Oct. 4, 6, and 7 have been postponed.

“Jennifer is heartbroken that such a senseless tragedy occurred,” said a statement announcing the postponement. “Her thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.”

However, some artists chose to continue with scheduled performances, including Celine Dion, who performs Tuesday and Wednesday night at the Colosseum.

© 2001-2017 Gen-Den Corporation. All rights reserved.
CelebrityAccessSM and Gen-DenSM are service marks of Gen-Den Corporation.

** ENCORE readers and those that utilize ENCORE features are bound by the ENCORE NEWSLETTER USE AGREEMENT. If you choose not to be bound by this agreement, please discard the e-mail and notify us of your desire to be removed from future mailings. **